Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Bagels

I need to use high gluten flour. They have bread consistency but othewise look good!


6/14/2020
1. Forgot to add oil to dough
2. Added oil and kneaded 200 times, I counted. Kneading 200 times did make it smooth
3. Need 2 jars of starter
4. Did not have enough starter, added water to dough
5. Bagels took 3 minutes to come up. When I used commercial yeast they came up immediately.
? did not rise enough
6. Next time test them by putting them in cold water. If they float, they are ready
7. Another recipe said to shape and proof 2.5 to 4 hours
8. Usable vs Unusable starter: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/learn/guides/sourdough/create
9.  I made bread out of this. I let it sit for 2.5-3  hours because that was the bagel recipe, then did stretch and fold, then let sit for almost 2, then shaped it and refrigerated overnight, then baked it cold

No comments: